By Rajindar Singh
Membrane know-how and Engineering for Water Purification, 2d edition is written in a pragmatic variety with emphasis on: method description; key unit operations; structures layout and prices; plant apparatus description; gear set up; security and upkeep; technique keep an eye on; plant start-up; and operation and troubleshooting. it truly is supplemented by means of case experiences and engineering rules-of-thumb. the writer is a chemical engineer with vast event within the box, and his technical wisdom and sensible knowledge within the water purification are summarized succinctly during this new edition.
This e-book will tell you which membranes to take advantage of in water purification and why, the place and while to exploit them. it is going to assist you to troubleshoot and increase functionality and offers case reports to help realizing via real-life examples.
- Membrane know-how part up-to-date to incorporate ahead osmosis, electrodialysis, and diffusion dialysis
- Hybrid Membrane structures accelerated to hide 0 liquid discharge, salt restoration and elimination of hint contaminants
- Includes a brand new part on plant layout, power, and economics
Read or Download Membrane Technology and Engineering for Water Purification, Second Edition: Application, Systems Design and Operation PDF
Similar water quality & treatment books
This publication info the state-of-the artwork in early caution tracking of anthropogenic pollutants of soil and water. it really is particular with reference to its advanced, multidisciplinary, mechanistic method. best scientists determine hyperlinks and boost vulnerable connections among particular fields in biology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, sensoristics, soil technological know-how and hydrogeology.
This fresh guide offers thorough insurance of water membrane technology, techniques, and idea. Chapters talk about membrane functions, checking out of membrane structures, layout suggestions and operations, expenditures, residuals, plus a number of the manufactures. the ultimate bankruptcy covers destiny developments in low-pressure membranes via broad tables and figures
This short examines the sustainability of strength use in worldwide nutrition creation and processing. The nexus among meals, water, and effort are explored opposed to a historical past of weather swap. present efforts to lessen the power depth of nutrition and elevate sustainability are explored. foodstuff waste and its impression on strength is roofed, together with nearby adaptations and nutrient recycling equipment.
This identify encompasses a variety of Open entry chapters. The variety of tight oil and shale fuel wells maintains to upward thrust essentially within the US, but additionally world wide. the USA has enormous reserves of oil and traditional fuel, which now are commercially available because of advances in horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing applied sciences.
- Urban Water Engineering and Management
- Topics on System Analysis and Integrated Water Resources Management
- Standard Methods for Examination of Water & Wastewater (Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater)
- Chemistry of Advanced Environmental Purification Processes of Water. Fundamentals and Applications
- Incentives and Instruments for Sustainable Irrigation
Additional resources for Membrane Technology and Engineering for Water Purification, Second Edition: Application, Systems Design and Operation
Applicable where fouling tendency is high For removing solutes larger than 10À4 μm, carcinogens such as THM, heavy metal ions, bacteria and germs in household water Water softening; >98% rejection of divalent ions Removal or concentration of dyes, paints and food liquids Test Conditions: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 0 pH; 10% recovery. 0 pH; 15% recovery. 0 pH; 15% recovery. 0 pH; 15% recovery. 0 pH; 15% recovery. 0 pH; 15% recovery. Source: CSM membrane catalogue. membrane rejection is typically <99%. , silica).
Bottom – traditional pleated filter with less surface area and non-uniform flow. 1–10 μm), low cost and simple operation, it is not uncommon to see microfilter cartridges cover the entire pore size range deployed at different process stages in a high-purity water plant. 3). Since concentration difference, ΔC is the sole driving force, the difference should be large and the membrane should be thin to reduce the diffusion path [3, 17]. The process is slow compared with pressuredriven membrane processes.
3. It is difficult to pick the 90% point on the S-shaped retention vs. molecular weight curve. 4. , linear polyacrylic acid passes through a membrane that retains a globular protein of the same molecular mass. In addition, the shape of the protein changes in the vicinity of the membrane surface. Hence, the feed concentration must be kept to a minimum to prevent CP. The definition is not absolute because the macromolecule to be retained may or may not be spherical. However, it is a useful tool for pre-screening and selecting UF membranes for a particular application.