By Steven H. Voldman
Electrical Overstress (EOS) maintains to affect semiconductor production, semiconductor parts and platforms as applied sciences scale from micro- to nano-electronics. This bookteaches the basics of electric overstress and the way to lessen and mitigate EOS disasters. The textual content presents a transparent photograph of EOS phenomena, EOS origins, EOS resources, EOS physics, EOS failure mechanisms, and EOS on-chip and procedure design. It presents an illuminating perception into the assets of EOS in production, integration of on-chip, and procedure point EOS safety networks, by means of examples in particular applied sciences, circuits, and chips. The e-book is exclusive in overlaying the EOS production concerns from on-chip layout and digital layout automation to factory-level EOS application administration in today’s sleek world.
Look inside of for huge insurance on:
- Fundamentals of electric overstress, from EOS physics, EOS time scales, secure working sector (SOA), to actual types for EOS phenomena
- EOS assets in today’s semiconductor production atmosphere, and EOS application administration, dealing with and EOS auditing processing to prevent EOS failures
- EOS disasters in either semiconductor units, circuits and system
- Discussion of ways to tell apart among EOS occasions, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) occasions (e.g. reminiscent of human physique version (HBM), charged machine version (CDM), cable discharge occasions (CDM), charged board occasions (CBE), to approach point IEC 61000-4-2 attempt events)
- EOS defense on-chip layout practices and the way they fluctuate from ESD safeguard networks and solutions
- Discussion of EOS approach point matters in revealed circuit forums (PCB), and production equipment
- Examples of EOS concerns in cutting-edge electronic, analog and tool applied sciences together with CMOS, LDMOS, and BCD
- EOS layout rule checking (DRC), LVS, and ERC digital layout automation (EDA) and the way it really is designated from ESD EDA systems
- EOS trying out and qualification thoughts, and
- Practical off-chip ESD defense and process point recommendations to supply extra strong systems
Electrical Overstress (EOS): units, Circuits and Systems is a continuation of the author’s sequence of books on ESD safety. it truly is an important reference and an invaluable perception into the problems that confront smooth expertise as we input the nano-electronic era.
Chapter 1 basics of electric Overstress (pages 1 –35):
Chapter 2 basics of EOS versions (pages 36–86):
Chapter three EOS, ESD, EMI, EMC and Latchup (pages 87–101):
Chapter four EOS Failure research (pages 102–132):
Chapter five EOS checking out and Simulation (pages 133–165):
Chapter 6 EOS Robustness – Semiconductor applied sciences (pages 166–195):
Chapter 7 EOS layout – Chip point layout and ground making plans (pages 196 –212):
Chapter eight EOS layout – Chip point Circuit layout (pages 213–239):
Chapter nine EOS Prevention and regulate (pages 240–262):
Chapter 10 EOS layout – digital layout Automation (pages 263–284):
Chapter eleven EOS software administration (pages 285–300):
Chapter 12 electric Overstress in destiny applied sciences (pages 301–327):
Read Online or Download Electrical Overstress (EOS): Devices, Circuits and Systems PDF
Best semiconductors books
Optical communications know-how is growing to be more and more in value, with a quick velocity of improvement. leading edge optical units have emerged from the combination of semiconductor laser diodes with optical waveguide know-how. This well-researched textual content lines the evolution of semiconductor laser amplifiers (SLAs) from those applied sciences.
Will nanoelectronic units proceed to scale based on Moore’s legislation? At this second, there's no effortless resolution for the reason that gate scaling is speedily rising as a significant roadblock for the evolution of CMOS know-how. Channel engineering in keeping with high-mobility semiconductor fabrics (e. g. strained Si, replacement orientation substrates, Ge or III-V compounds) may possibly support triumph over the stumbling blocks due to the fact that they provide functionality enhancement.
This booklet offers the reader with an advent to the physics of complicated plasmas, a dialogue of the categorical clinical and technical demanding situations they current and an outline in their strength technological functions. advanced plasmas vary from traditional high-temperature plasmas in numerous methods: they might include extra species, together with nano meter- to micrometer-sized debris, detrimental ions, molecules and radicals and so they might convey powerful correlations or quantum results.
Additional info for Electrical Overstress (EOS): Devices, Circuits and Systems
6. A. (1979) Reliability for EOS-screened gold doped 4002 CMOS devices, Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress/Electrostatic Discharge (EOS/ESD) Symposium, pp. 41–45. 7. H. F. (1979) Effects of electrical overstress on digital bipolar microcircuits and analysis techniques for failure site location, Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress/Electrostatic Discharge (EOS/ESD) Symposium, pp. 64–77. 8. Uetsuki, T. and Mitani, S. (1979) Failure analysis of microcircuits subjected to electrical overstress, Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress/Electrostatic Discharge (EOS/ESD) Symposium, pp.
Semiconductor interconnects consist of metal film, such as aluminum or copper, and refractory metals as liners. The refractory metals typically have very high melting temperatures. 12 RELIABILITY TECHNOLOGY SCALING The scaling of semiconductor components and systems has influenced both reliability and electrical overstress (EOS) robustness. This issue will be a concern as technologies migrate to 10 nm technology. 1 Reliability Technology Scaling and the Reliability Bathtub Curve As technology is scaled, the reliability of semiconductor devices becomes affected.
182–192. 59. Lin, D. -C. (1994) Off-chip protection: Shunting of ESD current by metal fingers on integrated circuits and printed circuit boards, Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress/Electrostatic Discharge (EOS/ESD) Symposium, pp. 279–285. 60. , Hulog, J. et al. (1996) Identification of electrical over stress failures from other package related failures using package delamination signatures, Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress/Electrostatic Discharge (EOS/ESD) Symposium, pp. 95–100. 61.